Goto page 1, 2  Next
SpaceTrace Forum Forum Index » Suggestions » Experience Modifier Technology
View previous topic :: View next topic  
admin
Board Admin
Board Admin

Post Posted: Sat May 17, 2003 11:16 am    Post subject:

Quote:
I think the Experience Modifier Technology is an excellent tech that can be used in Spacetrace. For those who don't know what this and all the Mod- ships are about and why it is a possible tech, just keep on reading this "purpose paper" =) <To Admins>: Ok I'm not sure if any of these ships will work cause I don't know if you can disable the construction on the modified ships(the ships that have been modified through Experience Modifier), but if you can then read on and see why this will work. If not, then this may have been a waste of time, but not entirely. I still have created several other tech such as e.r.c.d. and contur, which have gotten decent votes, but now back on the subject. This is for the readers and admin =) So here it is. What the Experience Modifier allows you to do is be able to research around 3 ships series so far: The animal series, the armor series, and the conventional series. After you research the first stage ship in each series, you are then able to build that first stage ship and its modified ships. Ex: The Animal Series- you researched the first stage, which is Mod-coon. Then when you build it you have the Mod-Coon, but in addition you also have its next 3 stages. Each series has a special ability. I did this to enable a variety of different possibilities. I will go more in-depth later. Ok, each first stage ship starts off as a class one, but since it gains more power after several battles I raised the MP. Not only because of the power gain did I raise the MP, but this also disables players from abusing this technology by building hundreds. The average MP is around 45 and with the high MP, a player can only build around 100. This may still seem a lot, but read closely. 100 mod-ships at 45MP equal to 4500 and with it being a class one it leaves the player really vulnerable, especially against the Cyclops and players with troikas or a class one fleet. Once you lose all you 100 mod-ships you lose around 4500 MP. Now you may think that this is a bad ship, but then this is where all the possibilities come in. If this ship was to survive you will end up with a stronger modified version of the mod-ship you had built. It will still be vulnerable because of its high MP, but with the modification come special power such as jamming, killing, etc… Then if it was to survive the next battle, this is where your work pays off. The mod-ship is now a class three and as you see, a cruiser has 60 MP, but the mod-ship has 45 MP. This is still fair because you had to bring this ship from 2 weak stages to bring it to this level. I think the admins didn't understand this because he said that one of my 3rd stage mod-ship's MP was too low, but I hope you understand now. Now, with the ability of "evolving" and having to nurture each Mod-ship to its final stage, you need to use strategy to not only keep the ship alive, but to use its unique abilities that each ship has, creating numerous possibilities of attacking and isn't that the point of Spacetrace? Use strategies to over come the enemy with regular or specialized ships. Well I think this covers it =) Sorry it ended up being so long, but now I hope EVERYBODY understands. If you still have questions, ask ^.^

Nanonite and a humble player of Spacetrace,
Blackmagic of ShadowBall.

the ships to this technology are the
mod-coonexperience modifier
the mod-plasma shield bomber
and the mod-trilithium steelclad
and some moer (use our search )

i think it is a nice concept so the discussion should take place here.

one major deficit is, that i can't think of no possibility to stop players to use multi-accounts for fake-battles to make their ships evolve
 Back to top »
Metody I The Evil
Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: Sat May 17, 2003 12:32 pm    Post subject:

Now THAT can be the basis of a whole new race, that will bring such a *spice* to the game, as the Huns did in Age Of Kings /They had no need for houses/... This brings a whole new concept to the gameplay - evolution... The new race can be described as the biological copy of nanite-like activity... A race of *cells* which form organisms according to what the need is... Yeah, I like that a lot... And it won't strenghten Nanites => nor Humans...

On the other hand, multies will benefit from that idea quite much... Not only them, but even alliances, I mean... All you need is an ally with some 2 retreat fighters and presto! - you evolve whereas his losses in points are insignifficant...

I can't figure a way of that practice to be stopped other than to pose a major drawback, maybe MP decrease... -or- the new evolved ships should cost a lot of MP /so effectively they block your ability to produce new ships/ yet when you loose them, you loose fewer MP, e.g. something like the clone-labs - the fighter costs 2MP, so having it decreases your *building potential* yet when loosing it you loose only 1MP/point... Something like that

[ This Message was edited by: Metody I The Evil on 2003-05-17 13:34 ]
 Back to top »
BladeTech
Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: Sat May 17, 2003 3:58 pm    Post subject:

i see what you mean about the possibility of abuse now but can you suggest anything that may stop it? can you explain your method more clearly cuz i dont really get it. =)
 Back to top »
blackmagic
Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: Sat May 17, 2003 7:33 pm    Post subject:

Well still. Its going to be hard to abuse this tech. If we end up finding a guy battling with over 100 class 3 or 4 mod- ships, then we know he has to be cheating becaseu there is no way you can have that many. To further more make it harder to abuse it raise the mp just a little, like by 5mp more or so. I don't think you should really worry =)
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
BladeTech
Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: Sun May 18, 2003 5:40 pm    Post subject:

yea blackmagic has a good point. it can be abused but will rather be obvious if they do.
 Back to top »
Metody I The Evil
Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: Sun May 18, 2003 7:47 pm    Post subject:

Still... A fake MP increase /e.g. increase by 5mp yet loosing the same points - without the increase/ is what I see as most adequate...

Back to top »
blackmagic
Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: Mon May 19, 2003 1:28 pm    Post subject:

So how bout reduce the lp a little and increase the mp. That might help some? im confused =
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
BladeTech
Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: Mon May 19, 2003 10:54 pm    Post subject:

i think it is fine the way it is.
 Back to top »
BladeTech
Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: Mon May 19, 2003 10:55 pm    Post subject:

oh yea. admins can use this to spot multies too if one player has way too many of these in the class 3 or 4 stage.
 Back to top »
blackmagic
Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: Wed May 21, 2003 1:34 pm    Post subject:

I got a new Idea! How bout I recieve all battle reports with Mod-ships in it and if the battle report seems suspicious i can send it to the admin.
 Back to top »
blackmagic
Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: Thu May 22, 2003 3:17 am    Post subject:

so................Wat is the current status on this?
 Back to top »
tec_server
Technology Bot
Technology Bot

Post Posted: Thu May 22, 2003 5:47 am    Post subject:

On what exactly?

The proposed tech is under discussion here.
Your last suggestion was not really practicable if you think about it.

[ This Message was edited by: tec_server on 2003-05-22 07:02 ]
 Back to top »
blackmagic
Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: Thu May 22, 2003 10:30 am    Post subject:

I know, but it could have worked =)lol well i was just wondering if there's anychance in this tech
 Back to top »
tec_server
Technology Bot
Technology Bot

Post Posted: Thu May 22, 2003 11:50 am    Post subject:

Quote:
i think it is a nice concept so the discussion should take place here.

one major deficit is, that i can't think of no possibility to stop players to use multi-accounts for fake-battles to make their ships evolve
 Back to top »
blackmagic
Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: Thu May 22, 2003 1:26 pm    Post subject:

Quote:

On 2003-05-17 20:33, blackmagic wrote:
Well still. Its going to be hard to abuse this tech. If we end up finding a guy battling with over 100 class 3 or 4 mod- ships, then we know he has to be cheating becaseu there is no way you can have that many. To further more make it harder to abuse it raise the mp just a little, like by 5mp more or so. I don't think you should really worry =)
 Back to top »
tec_server
Technology Bot
Technology Bot

Post Posted: Thu May 22, 2003 2:13 pm    Post subject:

But you see, doing a false attack is not actually cheating, unless you are attacking another account you have set up.

Attacking an ally who has a small fleet in order to alter your fleet config is not cheating.

I mean if you want some nano bombers you can just build a 1 1 1 2 fleet and attack a 1 1 1 1 fleet of a friend. Or ally or anyone else for that matter. Hardly any points are exchanged but the evolving/creating ship can do there stuff.

This is the reason some of the players did not like the nano fighter/destroyer thing, although that was a little bit different.
 Back to top »
Metody I The Evil
Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: Thu May 22, 2003 7:24 pm    Post subject:

Hmm... Well, I think that this problem hardly would exist if the evolution takes place not at the end of the battle, but instantly, e.g. a ship has to fire in order to evolve. But then again, that also will pose a big difficulty in the evolution concept, as it will lower the evolved ships to a minimum size, and on top of that, will loose you points big time, as the enemy will shoot down evolved ships...

Unless...

Well, do the evolution like the clone labs - the new ship costs allmost the same MP as the one it evolved from, plus for example 20 *fake mp*, which means that effectively you loose the same points, but your production of new ships is blocked, e.g. you don't have the free mp you'd need... That can give the race some advantage, e.g. if otherwise, you'll loose big time to make a few ships evolve, and on top of that, if you loose them, you'll loose even more points...

Nevertheless... I still prefer this concept to belong to a new race...

[ This Message was edited by: Metody I The Evil on 2003-05-22 20:26 ]
 Back to top »
BladeTech
Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: Sat May 24, 2003 2:32 am    Post subject:

i think both suggestions that metody made were good
 Back to top »
BladeTech
Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: Sat May 24, 2003 2:33 am    Post subject:

oh and i didnt know about the fact that we can change each others fleet in an alliance like tec_server said
 Back to top »
blackmagic
Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: Mon May 26, 2003 4:02 am    Post subject:

instead of going through all this trouble, if you are able to make it so that only peoplee with a score 30000 or more can build it? That makes it harder for people to multi and it is like an earned thing =) It will also make people fight harder =)
 Back to top »
SpaceTrace Forum Forum Index » Suggestions » Experience Modifier Technology
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: